Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Candy

I am addicted to Three Musketeers candy bars. That fluffy chocolate center, the milk chocolate top coat. Oh, Lord, I can't say no to those. To make matters worse, the trick-or-treaters were lighter than usual this year. I suppose only the die-hard candy-grubbers are willing to trek up our driveway and then up all of our front porch steps.

Naturally, I have quite a bit of candy left over, including those delectable Three Musketeers in the fun size. I try eating just one or two at a time; I try hiding them in the pantry where they won't tempt me. But it's no use. I can polish off a bag of fun size bars in less than 48 hours.

Fortunately, I don't buy sweets very often at the grocery store, but when I do ... look out.

Anyone else suffering from post-Halloween guilt? Cravings?

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love holiday candy!! I particularly love any candy that has decorative season wrapping! (Easter, Halloween, or Christmas. Any kind of festive wrapping makes me smile!) I was in Publix on Sunday morning, and they had all the full bags of Halloween candy on sale for $1. I had to buy about ten bags with the reasoning that I can share at school. I did share today...does that count? About fourteen pieces with my first block class.

My husband gets very annoyed, because he struggles with his weight, but I hide all the candy from him. That would be a whole different entry in the blog:>)

Katie Cramer said...

Blog it out, Christine! :)

So, you hide the candy from your hubby. (I'd love to see a blog post on that.) Do you also hide it from your kids? Are you hoarding the candy? There's no shame it that; that's what I'd do too.

Bags of candy for $1.00?!?!? You scored a big one at Publix. Now you have plenty of treats for yourself and your students. Yay!

Janet said...

Padraig, my four-year-old, particpated this year and received a good amount of candy. First, we went through and removed all the hard candy and other stuff he can't have. That candy came to the office and is nearly gone. He gets only one piece a day and that is if he was good at school. I sneak a piece but not too often because it's his candy and I don't need it. Luckily, sweets are not my weakness. It's cheeseburgers and fries - anything deep fried and salted.

Christine - How long does ten bags of candy last?

Kaite - So what was your costume this year? Did you go with my suggestion?

Katie Cramer said...

Hey, Janet. Actually, I just dressed up as myself this year. A little scary. Mostly boring. :)

Did you dress up?

Mmmm, hamburgers and fries. Do you ever eat at Five Guys? My brother introduced me to the restaurant. They have the best cajun fries. Mmmmm. Pretty good burgers too, though they don't toast the buns. Boo.

Now that I'm thinking about guilty pleasure food, I think I'll pop some taquitos in the oven.

Christine said...

Have we finished eating all of our Halloween candy? I still have two bags of Peppermint Patties. I don't like them so much anymore!

What are you guys doing to combat those five- ten pounds we are supposed to be gaining over the holidays? Anyone disciplined enough to stay on a workout program?

I am taking my son backpacking Friday/ Saturday, but need to figure out a way to work something into the week. My husband installed a DVD player next to the treadmill, but I still don't get on it...I may need an escalator to get down to the treadmill...