Christine, you asked about Halloween candy--whether or not we've finished ours. Mine's long gone because I am a candy-eating machine.
Other food items that are long gone since this past Thursday: all of the cherry pie and Cool Whip and almost all the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread, stuffing, and cranberries. I'll be serving up the last round of leftovers for dinner tonight. Mmm, mmm good.
How was your hiking trip, Christine? Was that this past weekend, or is it coming up? Does anybody else have fun fitness plans? Any runs in your near future, Janet? Any swims in yours, Honor?
I've been a bit of a bum these past few days. Went for a swim on Friday night and a Thanksgiving Day walk with my brother, but that's it for the past few days. I'm feeling a little blah now. Tomorrow, I'm going to kick it back into high gear, I think. This coming week is a big grading week, so I'm going to need all the de-stressing/decompressing action I can find.
I'm planning to swim Mon., Wed., and Fri. this week and strength train + run or bike on Tues. and Thurs.
Also, I'm planning to stay away from Cool Whip.
Keep blogging, ladies! I need inspiration!!
2 comments:
Hi there!
My hike was very fun, except for the mice that fell off the raftors of the Springer Mountain shelter. I still can't cope with it. We went to bed about 7 p.m. because it was dark and very cold (and had hiked 9 miles straight up hill including 700 steps up Amacolola Falls). I woke up about 9 p.m. because I started hearing mice scampering all over the roof and on the floor. We were on the second floor and it was really disconcerting to me. I was freaking quietly to myself when one fell on my bag!! AAHHH!! I shrieked and flipped it off and the waited in horror. When one scampered over the foot of my bag, it was too much to take. It was pouring rain and I couldn't imagine going out in the dark trying to set up my son's tent. I sat up, freaked quietly, and then hid inside my sleeping bag. I don't think I slept more than ten minutes at a time. It was a terrible night, but...fantastic exercise overall!! We hiked out Saturday morning, and I took a nap when I got home.
I finish student teaching this week, and I plan to get some hiking on Kennesaw Mountain in. Nothing works my legs/ cardio better than that. I do need help on my core, though. Does anyone know if any of those pilates DVDs work? I can't afford a gym at the moment, but would like to use a tape that combined several target areas at the same time. It has to be a DVD for a klutz, though, or I may hurt myself!
Dr. Mason- Stay off that Cool Whip!! That is addictive! (and yummy!)
Hi, Christine! Oh, mylanta--mice!! They look cute, but I sure as heck wouldn't want them scampering around my sleeping bag at night. You're very brave.
Wow--your student teaching ends tomorrow. Is that right? Congratulations!! I'm anxious to hear what you have planned for next semester.
Regarding core exercises, I've got a few DVD's you could borrow (I hate doing core stuff, so they're just collecting dust on my shelf). Janet burned one of my DVD's, so you might be able to do that, if you like any of them. Let me know, and I'll bring them to campus for you.
By the way, no need to call me "Dr." on the blog or anymore at all for that matter. You're a graduate, and now we're colleagues. :)
-Katie
Post a Comment