Yesterday, Trent and I learned a new definition for "brick." It stands for "bike, run, Ick!" At our triathlon training class, we did our 45 minute swim, followed by a bike, a run, another bike, another run, and a bike. The time and distance weren't bad (10-15 minutes on the bike, 6-7 minutes of running [outdoors up and down hills]), and we actually felt pretty good doing it.
We had been running indoors after our cycling class (it's been cold here!), but as the weather warms up, we'll take the run outdoors immediately following the class (no cool down and stretch; we just hop off the bikes, clean them up, and run out the door). Now, at least, we have a running route.
Also, I've discovered my new favorite way to eat eggs. It's inspired by the Clary's Cafe omelette in Savannah, GA. I'm not too swift at making omelettes, so I just scramble my eggs ...
1. Cut half an apple into small pieces, and sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
2. Scramble two eggs with salt, pepper, and a generous helping of shredded cheddar cheese.
3. When the eggs are done, turn off the burner, and throw the cinnamon apples on top. Stir. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, so apples get warm.
Enjoy! It's so good. Interesting combo of flavors.
Hope all is well for everyone. Write soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment