Saturday, April 17, 2010

Good workout today ...

45 minute swim workout (2200 yards)
35 minute cycle
19 minute run outdoors up hills

I'm adding a minute to my post- swim/cycle run each week, so by the time June 5 rolls around I should be up to about 25-26 minutes of running. That sprint tri will be a piece of cake. Or at least maybe I won't crap out during the run for once. Maybe I'll actually feel good ...

Had some quinoa and scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and half an apple (sliced with cinnamon) after the workout. I'm trying to make smarter food choices, but sometimes the call of grilled cheese sandwiches, Snickers bars, Dr. Pepper, and any restaurant with pizza, queso, or Cajun fries is very convincing. Particularly after a long day at work. Sometimes I reward myself with junk food. How sad.

2 comments:

Honor Louise said...

Wow!!! That is quite a workout. I'm impressed. Don't feel alone when it comes to being tempted by less than healthy food. We all are. This is America. We cannot escape the lure of fast food. My downfalls are bread, ice cream and soda pop. I cannot set a limit on how much bread I eat. I love it, especially homemade bread, rolls,pancakes etc. I don't often eat muffins and pancakes, but I consume a lot of sliced bread. I have tried to quit the pop, it's pull is magnetic. I can resist ice cream most of the time.

Food rewards are part of our society. It is very hard to break free.

Your physical activity and work schedule keep you on track health wise. You are one hard worker. I hope you enjoy your tri on June 5th.

Katie Cramer said...

Bread. Mmmmm. Pasta is one of my downfalls. With lots of Alfredo or some other buttery or cheesey sauce.

What are you up to these days, Honor? Taking walks? Is the pool beckoning you?

I know you're busy with school in the mornings. Are you looking forward to a break when summer comes, or will you continue your work with students into the summer?