Sunday, May 30, 2010

Triathlon next weekend

I am so ready to race next week.

600m lake swim
15 mile bike
5K run

I've stuck with my training plan, including increasing my weight in the leg press from 125 lbs to 165 lbs over the last several months, and doing bike-run workouts at least twice a week. The swim should be a piece of cake, as usual, but the bike to run transition is going to be so much more satisfying this time around.

The real question is, how is Trent going to do? This is his first triathlon ever. He's a great runner and a good cyclist, but he's never swum more than 150 yards without stopping. And he has only been in the water 1 time in the last 4-5 weeks. Fortunately, he does know how to do breaststroke, and I think he can float on his back, if he gets really tired. Should be interesting ...

What's everyone else up to these days? Do tell!

No comments: