Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I caved!


I finally caved in and got a YMCA membership. I've toyed with the idea for sometime. The only problem is that the nearest Y is 60 minutes away.

I've had the pleasure of making a new friend and she makes the trip down frequently to swim. She invited me to go with her. It felt so great being back in the water that I caved in and got a membership. I had high hopes that I would be able to swim a bit in Pueblo as well at their new YMCA facility there. Come to find out they only have a 15 yard pool! In a NEW facility! Who puts a bitty pool in a new Y? Oh well. So far Friend Holly and I are only skipping down to Colorado Springs once a week but the times they are a changing.

In other healthy "TOUGH AND BUFF" news, I'm still eating like crap. I'm enjoying a black cherry soda as we speak. The kiddo's school has their annual "Pie-Palooza" coming up on Feb. 9th and I've been busy sampling pies. I haven't a clue was to what I'm going to enter. I'm not a competitive person but I really need to win! Anyone have any killer pie recipes?

1 comment:

Katie Cramer said...

Hey, rock star!!! Congrats on your Y membership and your return to the pool on a consistent basis!! How does that butterfly feel?

15 yard pool in a new facility?!? What?!?!? That's pretty messed up. Have you tried swimming in it yet? Do you do a flip turn, take 10 strokes, and then flip again?

I'm still eating like crap too -- at least sometimes, like Friday night through Sunday evening.

I don't really have any killer pie recipes, but I will say that the secret to my mom's delicious pie crust is ice water, not room temperature water. If you decide to make a fruit pie that requires a flaky crust, let me know. I'm happy to share the recipe we use.

I guess your competition is this week ... what kind of pie have you decided on? Man, all this pie talk is making me hungry.

Keep us posted on your kick ass swims, okay? I got 3300 meters in yesterday, and it felt darn good.

Love ya, toots!