Monday, July 7, 2008

Trying not to backslide into bad habits!

Hello all!
I am back from my marathon backpacking trip with my son. I am happy to report that I have lost weight and toned up, but it's hard to keep on track with my fitness now that I am home. On the backpacking trip we hiked fifteen miles a day, up and down mountains, but I don't even have the energy to go out and walk a few blocks with my dog! I am trying to decide if I should sign up for the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day in order to pressure myself to keep working out. I am doing all right with keeping on track with my eating; it's just the working out part that I can not get too motivated to start.

3 comments:

Katie Cramer said...

Congrats on completing your backpacking trip, Christine! That's awesome. You did a triathlon earlier this summer, and now you've completed a trek across the Southeast. Way to go!

Go for the half marathon. You can do it!!

Janet said...

Just remember it's normal to get off track at times. Don't beat yourself up. Tell yourself you will get back on course as soon as you can, all your hard work will not be ruined.

I'm impressed with all the challenges you've placed on yourself. I've never participated in a marathon or triathlon and pretty sure I won't. I'll stick with 5Ks and maybe get motivated enough for a 10K...

Honor Louise said...

I think what you have done is amazing. Maybe your body needs to rest after the marathon. It might take awhile to get back on track. Controlling food intake is an accomplishment in itself. That is a hard task.