Hola, comrades in fitness.
My brother and I rode 40 miles on our bikes Friday. Longest ride yet.
Last week, my YMCA started a program in which swimmers who log 30 miles in the next couple of months will get to go on a free rafting and canoe trip down the Chattahoochee River in the fall. Woo hoo! Since our mileage is measured in quarter-mile increments (450 yards), I've upped my yardage just a bit for each swim, so I can get exactly 1 and 3/4 miles (3,150 yards). Wee haw.
My triathlon is in exactly 5 weeks. I've signed up, and I just ordered a triathlon swimsuit online. It's like a sports bra top and bike shorts ... I think they're even padded. I hope they don't turn into a soggy diaper in the lake. I ordered from Speedo, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're decent quality. We'll find out ...
4 comments:
What tri did you sign up to complete?
It's the Acworth Women's triathlon on Aug. 10.
Hey, do you have any advice on swim suits for triathlons? What did you wear for yours?
With the bike shorts, I was hoping to avoid having to either (a) run in a swimsuit, or (b) put shorts on in the transition.
My suit hasn't come in yet, but I'm anxious to try it out in the water before the race. I might be the soggy-bottom girl. :)
I wore my bike shorts and a tri short in the tri I completed. I didn't have a tri bathings suit and was really worried that I'd look strange, as well as have a soggy- bottom! Luckily, I fit right in and didn't have any problems. Some people had the tri suit, some wore wet suits- I called those people pretentious- and others were just like me in bike shorts/ shirt.
Most of the people in the transition area were not putting on any clothes other than bike shoes and/ or socks. Other racers clearly had a whole ritual down, and I foolishly placed my stuff down willy-nilly in my little spot. I was clearly the party crasher in my little lane! To look really competitive place your items in perfectly straight lines as if you had spent years considering the absolute PERFECT transition time. Or...be like me and just be happy that with any luck I won't be last. That was my only goal.
Good luck and take lots of pictures!!
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, Christine! My goal is to enjoy the race. When I did my first couple of triathlons (over a decade ago!), I didn't train very well for them, so I completely pooped out on the run.
My goal is to be strong on the swim and bike, but save some juice for the run, so I can enjoy the experience.
I got my swimsuit this week. I'm going to try it out in the pool sometime to make sure it won't do anything weird in the water. The bike shorts pad is very small, so I don't think I'll have to worry about the looking like I'm wearing a diaper, as I initially feared. :)
Post a Comment