On Sunday, I decided to do a little exercise the old fashioned way: hard labor. While Trent worked the Braves game, I got out into our back yard and raked up all the thatch (a.k.a. dead grass--who knew?). It felt good to get outside ... I got sweaty, I felt productive.
I sprayed bug spray all over myself, and I did a great job slapping mosquitos off my legs. Scratch that. I did a great job slapping mosquitos off the FRONT of my legs. When I woke up Monday morning, I had a constellation of red welts all over the backs of my thighs. Trent called them "bed sores." They lasted all week and were the topic of conversation at the YMCA when people saw me walk onto the pool deck. I seriously considered wearing a wet suit.
On a happier note, Jen told me that she's kicking some ass with her swimming workouts. She's ready for more yardage and more challenging workouts. Go, Jen!
1 comment:
Sorry about those skeeter bites. They can drive you crazy. Sounds like you enjoyed your time in the yard though and got a lot done. You rock!
Post a Comment