Monday, June 23, 2008

Better Health

I had kept my routine going until last week. My allergies caught up with me and I did not do much of anything. I am feeling better and on Saturday I got back in the groove. I am also trying to watch what I eat. The main thing that I have cut from my diet is margarine. I also eat fewer sweets but I still indulge. I heard Dr. Oz say on a morning news show that a waist should not be bigger than 35 inches. If it is, that indicates that someone has a lot of deadly belly fat. That is the kind of fat that leads to heart disease, diabetes etc. My waist measurement is 39 inches. This upsets me and I am going to try hard to lower that number. I do not want to battle diabetes. I renew my committment to better health!!! Thanks for being a sounding board.

2 comments:

Katie Cramer said...

You can do it, Honor! It sounds like you're already taking positive steps toward better health.

Have you been able to take the swimming class yet? I don't know what the weather's been like where you live ... perhaps it's been too rainy. Anyway, I'd love to hear about it.

By the way, who is Dr. Oz? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Honor Louise said...

I have not enrolled in a swim class because the weather has been unpredictable. Now it is probably too late to enroll. I intend to swim whenever I can though.

Dr. Mamet Oz appears on Oprah quite a bit. He is a heart specialist and has written several books. He often answers health questions from the public, on Miss O's show, in a way that people can understand. He is not afraid to take embarrassing questions like, "Why do I fart?" He is a cool dude.