Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not much happening ...

I don't have much to say, but I thought I'd post since it's been awhile.

I've started making homemade soups and chili lately. I've been using different spices from Penzey's that my madre picked out for me, and they taste pretty good. I've mostly just been throwing together various canned vegetables (some fresh) and canned beans (I really like garbanzo beans). I can make a pretty big batch that lasts me the whole week for just a few bucks. Ni--eeece!

I'm still going to spinning (extreme cycle?) class on Fridays. It's morphed from a 45 minute class to a 60 minute class, but I actually kind of like it. It's a bit of a high, especially when the instructor picks out good songs whose tempo matches the tempo of our pedal strokes. I usually wear my ear plugs though because the volume gets so amped up during the workout. No hearing damage for me, thank you very much.

I just signed up for the triathlon -- Aug. 9. Now, it's time to get serious about my training. It's 8 weeks away. Wahoo!!

Hope everyone's having a good week ...

Dawn, how's the coaching? Laura, how's the move? Honor, how's the fitness routine? Anybody else out there reading?? Chime in.

Later, gators.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

KT,
I'm sorry that I haven't had time to post lately. Life at the pool and the ranch has been a bit nutso! We have new babies, old babies, neighbor babies and a bear! Coaching again is awesome, but I miss sleep. I've backed off of trying to make them cry! I'm getting soft in my old age!

Katie Cramer said...

I think I made one of the young boys in my children's choir cry today. Not intentionally, but enough with the coddling already! If you're not going to follow instructions, then we're going to have to have ourselves a sitdown chat.