So, I woke up on Monday, and my right heel began hurting as soon as I stepped onto the floor. Dang it! I've had plantar fasciitis before ... about 7-8 years ago. Naturally, it would happen 5 weeks before the triathlon.
Anyway, I've given up running this week (it's messing up the whole training plan I'd set up for myself to focus on my weaker triathlon components). Here's what I'd been doing:
Mondays: weights, run (treadmill--incline intervals)
Tuesdays: swim
Wednesdays: push-ups, crunches, run around neighborhood (lots of hills)
Thursdays: swim
Fridays: weights, extreme cycle spin class, run
Weekend: one day of rest, other day = biking outdoors/cycle class or swimming
So, no running for me right now. Today, I got on the elliptical machine instead. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my foot feels better by Monday. It's already starting to feel a bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment