Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two weeks

My triathlon is in two weeks. One thing I've done differently this summer is I've dropped a swimming day in favor of an extra day of running or biking ... I think it's helping. I feel pretty pumped right now. Here's what my workout routine has looked like for the past couple of months:

Sunday: 60 minutes of extreme cycle (spinning class) or a 2-hour bike ride outdoors
Monday: weights, followed by a 20 minute run with incline intervals on the treadmill
Tuesday: 3000 yard swim
Wednesday: 20-25 minute run around my hilly neighborhood, followed by push-ups
Thursday: 3000 yard swim
Friday: weights, followed by 45 minute extreme cycle class, followed by a 10-15 minute run
Saturday: rest or walk

I'm so ready to rock 'n roll. So ready.

What are the rest of you tough and buffers up to? Is anyone else out there?

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm here! I am hoping you have a fantastic tri! My workouts have consisted of hiking in the great weather. I just finished a thirty mile backpacking trip in Yosemite which was amazing.
Now, I have to get serious about some workout while I balance teaching and the masters program. I am fortunate enough to work three minutes from my house which will provide me with no excuse to go get fast food on my way back to KSU at night. I think I will have a one hour gap to prepare dinner for the family and run out the door. Your idea of soups sounds good! I tried chili last semester and my kids hated it reheated. (They are soooo lame about that.)

Honor Louise said...

Katie, you are amazing! I am rooting for you. I know you will do well on the big day.