My goal is to lose ten pounds by Aug 17th, which is when my oldest starts school. (Someone stop my baaaabeee from growing up!) As of Sunday, I was 150, which is about 2 pounds LESS than when I started Weight Watchers when my middle kid was a year old. Basically, it took me a year to get to 152/size ten after my daughter was born. The baby is seven months old and I am 150/size ten. I know ten pounds in a month/six weeks is do-able but I am NOT finding the time to track points or measure portions. I am doing my best and figuring that I can't go wrong with eating lots of fruits and veggies and watching my portion sizes, right?
The BIG news came in a small package this morning: my nephew was born this am! He is a giant chunky baby at 9 pounds, 10 ounces. My sister had a c/s but not for size; the baby had a couple of heart decels. I'm fairly involved in the nautral birthing community, so a good friend and I had a couple of wonderful talks about c/s, statisics and all that. There's a short, free movie coming out on the internet in July, from the people at http://www.reducinginfantmortality.com/. The basic message is that the midwifery model of care can reduce infant mortality, reduce major interventions in birth and improve maternal/fetal outcomes.
Of course, I am THRILLED that my sister and the baby are healthy! Healthy mom, healthy baby, bottom line. However, I am really sad that my sister had to be one of the 31 per cent of mothers to give birth via major surgery.
Anyway, back to working out... we're going to the pool alot and my kids are becoming very good at swimming! The walking trails around our new house are very nice. It's quiet and it feels like we're in the woods. No traffic noises, nothing. Very peaceful, even with the fighting kids. ;)
4 comments:
Hey, girl. Your goal sounds reasonable to me ... 2 pounds per week, right? Go with the fruits and veggies ...
I've been making homemade veggie/bean soups and chilis on the weekends (you inspired me), and eating them during the week. I've also been hooked on no fat refried bean/cheese burritos with shredded lettuce and fresh ground pepper on a whole wheat tortilla for dinner (along with some mixed berries). Mmmm, tasty.
Last week, I made tabbouleh for the first time, and it was damn good!!
Congrats on your new nephew. :) You're an AUNTIE!!!
My nephew is so frickin' cute it HURTS! Of course, not as cute as my kids although he does look like a proper baby, not a monkey! :)
Where did you find nonfat refired beans? Those sound good! I'm so bored with our lunches- PBJ, grilled cheese somethings, mac and cheese... see a theme?
I can't think of the brand of refried beans, but it's pretty common, I think. Maybe Old El Paso?? I don't know--the can is yellow with a picture on the front and above maybe some red letters on a blue background. I'll have to check my pantry ... :)
Congratulations on your weight loss. I think sticking with lots of fruits and veggies and watching portion sizes will work. Those darn portion sizes can make or break you.
Our neighbors have brought us lots of home grown vegetables this summer. We are swimming in zucchini. This is a good time of year to try to lose weight.
I had 2 C sections. I was very disappointed at the time. However, I am glad that I received thoughtful, thorough medical attention. My babies might not have lived if the procedure had not been used. Congratulations on your new nephew. That is happy news.
Post a Comment