Inspired by the nine-year-old daughter of a family friend, I have committed to raising $2,000.00 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society this spring, as I train for an Olympic distance triathlon (my first of that distance!) with Team in Training. I look forward to this journey!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Making a Splash
First, the latest fruit of my labor:
Isn't he cute?! And he thinks I'm cool! :)
Cole is almost 3 months old. When the heck did that happen? The past three months have been a blur. He was tounge tied a birth but, being my kid, it was an atypical tie. Called a Type Four Tounge Tie, we had to visit two ENTs before finding someone to clip it. Before we knew what was going on, he was a fussy baby who dropped over ten per cent of his birthweight and was thisclose to being admitted to the hospital. That was not cool.
However, he is obviously growing now and doing well, even if he is still fussy. We got the tie clipped and he's now 100 per cent breastfed!
I'm back at swimming. I am swimming 3x a week with the master's swim program Adam is in. We're outdoor and in a 50 meter pool. I'm impressed I can make it from one end to the other, although I am slow. And fat. And out of shape. BUT I CAN MAKE IT TO THE OTHER END WITHOUT STOPPING!
My orginal goal was to lose 20 pound by the time school starts. I've since changed that goal to simply loosing weight, period! I've been tracking my weight since June 1 and lost a measly half pound. Woo.Hoo. Time to get more serious, baby. I can feel the work out in my arms and back where I need the most toning so I am hoping for some defination (aside from "bread dough") by Aug.
Oh and has anyone done the 30 day Shred? I hear it is really good and tough but worth it. I was thinking of adding it to my routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a beautiful splash!
What a handsome guy. Thanks for sharing a picture. I think it is neat that you are swimming 3 days a week. You are in far better condition than most women after childbirth. And I doubt that you are fat. Cole is right. You are cool!
OMG -- he is adorable, Laura!! Congratulations!
And way to go on your swimming! I agree with Honor that you're in better shape than most mothers of four. Holy geez! It feels strange to say that. You're a mother of FOUR!!!! How incredible is that!!
Anyway, good job with your swim routine. And Adam's swimming too? Nice.
I don't know that the 30 day shred is. Please describe. :-)
I think you're going to have to start doing some sprint tris with me now that I'll be back in Kansas (moving date: last week of July). Get ready, girl. Summer of 2011. :-)
Post a Comment