I am pleased to report the following ...
1. Trent and I officially sold the house in Georgia this past Thursday. Woohoo!
2. My bladder was extraordinarily cooperative on the 15+ hour drives to and from Georgia. On the first leg of the trip, I drove seven hours without stopping (from Wichita through St. Louis).
3. I was surprisingly strong on moving day(s). Trent and I did a great deal of heavy lifting (and carrying of furniture down two flights of stairs) before help arrived, and I did okay. And then, we did all of the heavy lifting together back in Kansas without any assistance, as we moved most of our crap into storage. I was a little sore, but I didn't get injured ... didn't pull any muscles or strain anything. Yay! Strength training pays off.
Okay, so what is everyone doing to stay active during the winter months? I need to get some winter clothing that allows me to workout outdoors when my gym is closed. Any recommendations anyone? C'mon, help a girl out. :-)
3 comments:
I am glad that everything worked out well for you and Trent. It is nice to let go of past obligations and plan for the future.
You are much more active than me. I get out and walk when the weather allows. I layer up to stay warm. Most of the time I exercise in my living room. I have some tapes I watch. There are two shows on Fit TV that I also watch when I can. One leads the viewer through yoga stretches. The other features aerobic exercises. I usually exercise twice a week. I should do more, but it is what it is.
I hope the year ahead is a great one for you and Trent.
Hey, Honor -- it sounds like you're doing great! When we paid for TV, I used to love watching Fit TV. It's got some pretty good programming that's also motivational. I know the yoga show you're talking about.
With your physical activity and your healthy vegan diet, I would imagine you're in great shape!
I, on the other hand, really know how to pack on the calories on the weekend. I made fried, sugary donuts yesterday, and I learned an easy recipe for homemade bread a few weeks ago, so I'm really piling on the carbs. I do try to limit my diet splurges to weekends though. I just love snacking and reading. It's such a delightful combination.
You should share some of your favorite vegan recipes on here. I'd love to get some ideas from you!
I love to snack and read too. I have yet to make donuts, but I eat a lot of bread. It is not homemade bread, though. Be proud of your baking skills. If you just make a pot of homemade soup to go with the bread, you have a healthy meal.
Post a Comment