Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cell Phone Ban in Locker Rooms: It's a Go

I met with the gym director yesterday morning, and signs prohibitting cell phone use in the locker rooms have been posted. Mission accomplished. It will be interesting to see whether patrons actually comply with the policy ...

I've been reading a book on triathlon training for "time-crunched" athletes. I've actually been doing a good job of making time for exercise, but I've been a little piggy when it comes to food ... last weekend, I ate 6 donuts, a box of Kraft Shells and Cheese, and a couple of enchiladas from Abuelos, in addition to various other foods. Oink it out, baby. I did a better job at the grocery store last night, avoiding foods that I can't resist (or choose not to resist), so they won't be on our shelves, taunting me.

I tried making some baked sweet potato fries this past week, and they were pretty good. Satisfying and different.

Anyway, back to the book, which talks about eating for energy and quality workouts. That's the goal now (for most meals, anyway) ... eating for energy/fuel, rather than eating crap that does nothing for my mind or body. I know I'm still going to splurge sometimes, but this past week was pretty good. I'm starting to fend off cravings for crap. Just say no to cravings for crap. Pretty soon, it will become habit to just say no. Goodbye, crap cravings. Adios.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yum Sweet Potato Fries! I love them! Baked with a honey lime dip! You sound busy. Me too! I'm sorry that I have been slacking on the blogs posts! I promise to do better. Have fun!

Katie Cramer said...

Dawn, I want to know more about the honey lime dip. Please post your recipe. My fries didn't turn out so hot last night ... I need inspiration now.