I signed up for the 10K at RiverFest the first weekend of June. I've been gradually increasing my runs for the last couple of weeks -- from my regular 20 minutes to 40 minutes yesterday -- and my knees aren't complaining. It feels kind of good to increase my workout intensity a little, now that the semester is over and work is slowing down a bit. Yay!
Now that the weather is warming up, what are all of you doing for fitness fun? Walking? Hiking? Bicycling? Dancing? Is anyone signing up for any races? Do tell.
What about tasty foods you're enjoying right now? Here's my favorite meal of the moment: turkey sandwich on rye with tomatoes and lettuce, with extra tomato slices on the side, some reduced fat Pringles, and fruit (strawberries, blueberries, maybe an orange). Mmmmm. I also picked up some orange sherbet at the store on Friday. Refreshing!
I hope you're all doing well and staying healthy!
4 comments:
You are so awesome. I've been setting aside my loose change for sometime now with no idea on what to spend it on. Today, I decided and went to the mall and purchased a new pair of running shoes. I took a few minutes last week and realized that life was getting so busy that I was going mad. I've decided to take time to attempt to run again.
As to FOOD....I've gone almost completely organic, if only I can get my family to do the same. Although I must admit I still get a cherry dip cone from DQ often. It's all a work in progress.
GOOD LUCK on your race, I know you will be FAST---->ZOOM!
YOU'RE so awesome! Go, runner girl, go!! I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself. I took a peek at your blog yesterday, and it looks like things are busy and adventurous on your ranch.
Where do you run? On roads, on trails? I can only picture you running outdoors, not on a treadmill. :-)
Organic, eh? My brother would be impressed. He only shops at Whole Foods, and he got the family hooked on quinoa. Of course, Wichita doesn't have a Whole Foods, so I get my quinoa from from Wal-Mart. Oh, the horror!
Hey, keep us updated on your runs and your ideas for tasty organic foods/recipes/meals. To be honest (I sound so ignorant here), I don't even really know what organic means. No pesticides?
Maybe you should do a post on organic foods and educate me. Honor is a vegan, and I bet she could educate me a bit too.
Have fun running, Dawn!! I'm off for a midday swim and then back to work.
My Dear Friend, Google says that Wichita has three Whole Foods stores. www.wholefoodswichita.com
Seriously? WalMart?
Okay, paint me red and call me embarassed!!
But Wal-Mart fits my budget ...
Can I wait until Trent gets a job before I shop at Whole Foods? :-)
Post a Comment