Things have been going swimmingly. I've been too busy to eat junk food and to run to town for fast food. I am still struggling with my Pepsi addiction though. I am still holding out hope that there is a support group for Pepsi addicts somewhere near my mountain. Other than the Pepsi, I have

been walking more, still not smoking, not eating fake chocolate donuts, and have been cooking breakfast every morning. I really thought that I had conquered my pseudo plan. I am not a fanatically organized person. I know in my little brain that some things must be done, each day and usually by a certain time that day. Most days I have no problem adjusting myself in order to get the days chores done. Alas, today's linear plan has now become a squiggled mess. The horrid smell of poo is to blame. While choring at Phoenix ranch, which is mostly dogs, my stomach had a talk with my brain and breakfast made a repeat appearance. YUK! I thought that things here at Rolling Thunder wouldn't be so bad but I was mistaken. We had a bit of a storm this last weekend, to which I am grateful for the moisture. The wind, I am not so grateful for. After the snow

had melted I found that several pieces of roofing tin had come loose from several different shelters. So along with throwing feed and mineral to animals this morning, I had to contend with moving big, long, awkward to carry, sharp on the edges tin pieces. Since my partner is off at school today I have no one left to help me. I set out to move them, at least to a pile until I could get help reattaching them to the buildings from which them came. It just didn't work out, the wind was too much and I got tossed around more than expected. So I quit. Even though I'm flexible with schedules, I don't like quitting something I started, especially things on the ranch. Things pile up here and soon it's just not pretty. As I was beating myself up about not moving the tin pieces I keep having flashbacks to the HBO movie, "Grey Gardens." It premiered this weekend and I've been thinking about it ever since. I keep seeing, "Little Edie" standing in her house with piles and piles of cans and YUCK! ("Grey Gardens" is about Edith Bouvier Beale Sr. and her daughter, Edith Bouvier Beale Jr.) I know that my unfinished task of moving tin is not going to lead me down the path of "Little Edie" but to me it was just another thing that I was not going to be able to get done today. After completing all the other ranch chores I headed the house for lunch. After returning several phone calls, emails, and opening mail I went on a search for something tasty to eat. It's getting toward the end of the month and so a few shelves in the pantry are less than full. I really couldn't find anything that appealed to me. Since I'd been having "Grey Garden" thoughts I opted to leave the tuna in the can and find something else. I just couldn't find a thing that I would be content with. I headed downstairs to check on the bunnies and feed the cats when the phone rang. It was my partner needing me to look something up. As I'm jetting around cyber space I glance at an ad that had a Ferris Wheel in it. I

have no idea what the ad was for. My mind went on vacation....Ferris Wheel=Carnival=Fun=Funnel Cake! BAD...BAD....BAD....TERRIBLE. Who thinks like that? Instead of eating tuna on a healthy cracker....I went out of my way and made FUNNEL CAKE! I need psychological help!
2 comments:
I think you did a phenominal job at the ranch by just trying to move the damaged pieces of roof. The wind is dangerous; at least where I live. Had you hurt yourself you would have been alone. Who knows when help would have arrived. You did the smart thing by waiting to do that chore. As far as the funnel cake is concerned, I think after a certain point our minds rebel. Maybe it has something to do with seasonal changes too. I don't know. I choose to be a vegetarian. However, I made some chicken and dumplings for my husband recently. I love dumplings!!! I ate a big dish of chicken and dumplings because I could not resist them. I really did not want the chicken part, but I ate it. I felt terribly guilty and disloyal to myself. These things happen though. So you don't have to beat yourself up over enjoying funnel cakes. By the way, I like the illustrations you provide with your post.
Oooohhhh, funnel cakes. Mmmmmmm. That sounds sooo good. Did you make it yourself?? Dang, you're good.
I say, if you can make it yourself, you deserve to eat it without any guilt. Besides, you've been doing so good without chocolate donuts and cigarettes; sometimes you have to reward yourself. Good for you! Now, can you post your funnel cake recipe?
Post a Comment