This was another long week at work. 10-12 hour days all week, plus I went in today (Saturday!!) for 8 hours to catch up on grading and lesson planning. Sheesh! It was a good week though. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we hosted our annual children's and young adult literature conference, which we'd been planning for most of the year. It's a big stressor, but it's also really exciting to have these incredible authors on campus and to bring our students and metro-area teachers together for professional development.
Of course, the longer work week prohibited me from sticking to my normal workout routine; it also threw off my nutritious eating a little bit. Booo.
I'm planning to get back on the horse this week, starting tomorrow at the gym. Sadly, I just learned that I'm losing my biking buddy (Andy), as he moves back to KC to work at Baron BMW. There aren't many safe places to ride alone around here, so I'm going to have to go to spinning classes to get my legs ready for my triathlon. I hate riding a bike in one spot. There's something very wrong about that.
Oh well, I'm looking forward to more normal work hours this week and a rejuvenating workout routine.
Hey, Dawn! How's your pseudo plan going?
Oh, and Laura, you mentioned wanting to get some ideas for abdominal exercises ... here's some good stuff from about.com. I've been trying out this routine for the past couple of weeks to get my little gut in check (of course, it might help if I got back on the nutrition bandwagon again, but what can I say -- I eat like crap when I'm stressed out sometimes):
Hmm, that's awesome. I'm trying to copy and paste the link, but stupid blogger.com won't let me paste. Grrrrr.
Okay, just go to About.com, and search "Design and Effective Abdominal Exercise Routine." Good luck!
2 comments:
The conference sounds interesting but a lot of hard work. No wonder you briefly got off track. I do not know what a spinning class is. Would you enlighten me please? I hope you find a new biking buddy. I know you will miss Andy. Maybe you won't have such long hours next week. Take care.
I vote for working. It has been a very long time since I have "worked out." I know that I should take the time to hit the gym. Instead I try to break up tasks that I do everyday and make them my workout. For example; loading and unloading feed bags, racing dogs up the hill, walking or running around the ranch instead of driving. Most of the time it works well, occasionally I lift something incorrectly and hurt myself so I try to pay attention to what I am doing.
As to my pseudo plan...it's going. I haven't had any fake chocolate donuts, I'm still not smoking, and the only times I drive to the barn is when I have a truck load of stuff to haul down. I am having a bit of trouble with Pepsi. It just pulls me in!
Post a Comment