My goal for Lent was to exercise 600 minutes- about 100 minutes a week. I am at 500 right now so I will make my goal!
I really like setting a minute goal for exercise. It makes every little drop I do, even if it is a short ten minute walk, count. Think about it- writing "10/100" on the calendar (I exercised ten minutes out of a goal of 100) really says something. "I've worked towards my goal!" Instead of saying, "Oh, I really wanted to go 30 minutes and I didn't make it" you can say, "I did make it, I did work towards my goal!"
Plus, then long trips to the zoo REALLY knock off some time, especially when I push the baby in the stroller, with the 40 pounds five year old and Ergo the 27 pounds 3 yo on my back! (I did it- uphill- and BOY was I TIRED!) :)
I'm seeing a little progress in my hips and thighs but I'm still carrying around alot of weight in my middle. Any tips for working on that?
3 comments:
Wow! I like counting the minutes idea. I am going to try that. Thanks for the tip. Belly fat is the last to leave. It likes its comfortable home. I have been struggling with mine a long time. I think marching in place helps a little. You can do that with the kids for a minute. Bring your knees up high and hold briefly. I think riding a stationary bike for short periods helps too.
Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I can still keep my size 12's up cause I have alot of belly fat but they are too big in the thighs and legs. Huh.
(Or I could just blame the slacks... Must be the clothing manufactors fault! Lol)
Way to go, Laura!!! I'm so proud of you, and I love your idea for exercising a certain number of minutes per week and your philosophy that accompanies it. Fantastic!
I agree with Honor that belly fat is the last to go, and I like the metaphor of it liking its "comfortable home." Yes. And I like snacking on tortilla chips and cheese queso sauce while reading books. Mmmmm. Comfortable.
Post a Comment