I enjoyed reading the latest posts on Tough and Buff.I have been trying for 2 years to become buff.
That's not happening,although I have lost some weight.
The older you get, the harder it is to get rid of the extra pounds. I want to feel better so I have limited my food intake to healthy food. I seldom eat sweets anymore. Don't think it doesn't cross my mind. I have to shop in a grocery store with a bakery. Every day is filled with temptation. But I have found that if I do not buy the tempting item and bring it home, then I do not eat it. How long can I keep this up? I am hanging on by a thread right now. I joined a city wide weight loss program in January called Pound Plunge. You have to be part of a team to join. I do not want to let my team down. I can be strong until April 2cd which is when Pound Plunge ends. After that I don't know how strong my resolve will be. I hope I do not return to the fast, high processed food I once enjoyed on a daily basis.
I exercise on a regular basis. I definitely plan to continue walking the nature trail in town and riding a stationary bike. I also go to exercise class. Hopefully good habits have been firmly established and I will continue my healthy lifestyle.
I look forward to reading future posts on this blog because the posts are full of wit and humor. Thanks for hearing me out. Whine. Whine. Whine. (I'll pass on that cheese. Nice of you to offer.)
3 comments:
Well you sound buff and FO SHO tough to me! Anyone that would expend so much time an energy to better themselves must be AWESOME! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words. You sound pretty cool yourself!
"Every day is filled with temptation. But I have found that if I do not buy the tempting item and bring it home, then I do not eat it."
This is so true for me, too, Honor. It is very difficult for me to resist temptation when the food is easily accessible, but I do alright if it's nowhere in sight. As my mom always says, shop on the outside aisles of the grocery store, and you'll avoid most of the temptations ... like Totino's frozen pizzas, taquitos, candy, chips, and cookies. Oh my!
It sounds like your health and fitness routine is going great. Good for you!! I'm so proud of you, and I'm glad you're back on this here blog.
P.S. You're buffer than you know. :)
Post a Comment