The unfortunate thing is....I'm not really into being Tough or Buff today. We got a bit of snow last night and its cold and windy today. I'm fighting a cold, which makes me less than chipper around my family. Really what I would like to do is go to bed and eat pudding all day. Jolene, the Bean is home for spring break and would like nothing more to jet around the ranch exerting all kinds of energy that I just don't have today. So what am I doing? I'm using this space, this blog to postpone skipping through the cow pies with my kiddo. I'm such a bad mom.
I figured since I was going to spend some time here I should at least put something up that has some significance. Since it is Friday the 13th, I thought I'd share a few Tough and Buff related foods.
This first one is Kitty Litter. Every year at Halloween, the Bean and I make a couple batches of Kitty Litter Cake. Since cake is okay, but probably not the healthiest thing I found Kitty Litter with Grape Nut Ceral and dates. Still looks gross...

This next one...Well, who doesn't love pasta. I know it's full of carbs but on a day like today I could use some comfort food.

Really, what would such a eerie day be without eating a little brain. It's actually a melon. My kiddo is allergic to melon so I've never been able to try this one out. It looks fun though.

I always saw Friday the 13th as a bad luck day, not so much as a weird food day. Here are a few superstitions I found regarding food.
True Love, Found!
Next time you bake an apple pie–or feel like finding Prince Charming–peel the fruit until the skin breaks. Toss the skin onto the counter and see what letter forms in the peel. The letter you see in the peel is the first letter of your true love's name. Bonus points if your peel is long enough to spell their entire name.
OR...
Burning Friendship Bridges
When working in the kitchen with friends, never pass hot peppers to anyone. Instead, place them on the table and allow your cooking buddy to pick them up. Supposedly this will keep disagreements from coming between you, though you do risk annoying your sous chef when you avoid passing directly.
(these superstitions were found at www.myrecipes.com)
How about bad luck or superstions regarding workouts? Anyone have a story or two? I think I was pretty level headed when I was working out. I didn't have any gross rituals like wearing the same socks for weeks on end. When I was swimming comepetively, a long time ago, I did have a workout suit that I always wore even during warm-up at meets. By the time I quit swimming competetively all that remained was the cording. My cousin had a lucky (ugly) brown, lycra swim cap. He lost it at a meet when we were teenagers, he wrecked his car on the way home.
Thanks for letting me spend some time here today....Now, I fear, I must go skipping through the cow pies! Later Gators.
3 comments:
HA ha!! This is the most entertaining reading I've done all day!!! I'm so glad you're on this blog, Dawn!!
Those photos were HI-larious, especially the kitty litter made of Grape Nuts. Next time we're running low on litter, I'll just look in the cereal cupboard.
How were the cow patties today? Did you get motivated?
It's gotten colder again here, and I'm supposed to help out with my church work day tomorrow ... yard work and such. I like raking leaves, but I'm guessing I won't like it as much in the rain and cold. Booo.
Hey, Farmer Dawn.
Apparently, I don't know the difference between a farm and a ranch. But I'm starting to learn. :)
I like the illustrations! I love the brain. The superstitions were interesting too.
Post a Comment