Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recipe website

Hi Katie! I don't know how much I'll contribute to the blog, but I thought I'd give it a shot. :)

To answer an earlier blog of yours...check out www.allrecipes.com
I have made the Parmesan Tilapia, and it's great. It has mayo, Parmesan cheese, and herbs/spices (I don't know the difference...isn't that sad?), so you could make it low-fat by using light mayo.
You can also change the number of servings on the site...and it recalculates the ingredient amounts!

My lenten sacrifice is that I'm not playing games on Kevin's Nintendo D.S. I got into a habit of playing before going to sleep, and so I didn't read as much, so now I'm reading more. I'm about to finish an awesome memoir - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It's amazing. I can't believe someone lived her experiences.

I am not setting any fitness goals right now, but I definitely will at the least when school is out in May. If I do before then...that's good. I'm lucky that Kevin cooks for us a lot. :)

2 comments:

Honor Louise said...

I like allrecipes.com a lot. The recipes on that site usually call for ingredients I have at home. All you have to do is type in a word, like chicken, and lots of recipes will come up. My daughter uses that site too.

Katie Cramer said...

Thanks for the recipe site suggestion, Melissa. I will definitely check it out. :)

Good luck with your Lenten sacrifice. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I've not read The Glass Castle, but several of my colleagues have enjoyed it.

When Trent was gone for three months, I got rid of cable and spent my free time reading and listening to NPR. Even though he's back (yay!) and we now have TV again, I really haven't been watching it. Reading has become my guilty pleasure du jour (I really like saying "du jour" lately), and I'm working my way through several books that I've received recently as gifts. I'm looking forward to reading the two you gave me very soon!!

So, what do you play on Kevin's Nintendo DS? Football? :)

I'm glad you joined the blog, my friend!!