
My amazing kiddo is coming home early from school today. She's had a hard week of CSAP testing and is ready for spring break! Sometimes life here on the mountain is too busy. I try to take an afternoon here or there and to just spread out and be lazy. So the Bean and I have picked this afternoon. We have opted to watch Mermaids with the fabulous Cher and eat some tasty finger food while "vegging" out on the floor. I love finger food side of Cher's character in the movie. We also love the "swimming undertone" as the Bean would say. Anyway...here is one of our favorite finger foods that we think is Tough and Buff and a little healthier than cocktail weenies wrapped in bacon and deep fried.

Apple Cheese Quesadillas
Ingredients:
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 red apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Gouda or Brie cheese
Preparation:
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of mustard on one of the tortillas and top with green onion, apple slices and about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a second tortilla on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, stacking the quesadillas on a plate.
- Put some butter or margarine in a non–stick frying pan, let it fully melt and put one of the assembled quesadillas in.
- Cook for about 2–3 minutes, or until the bottom is crisp. Flip, and cook on the other side until crisp.
- Remove from the pan to serving plates and cut into quarters.
- Serve warm.
Have a SHOOP SHOOP DAY!

2 comments:
This sounds divine!! I definitely want to try these quesadillas. And I definitely need to watch Mermaids all the way through; I caught the tail end of it a few years ago, and I remember Christina Ricci swimming butterfly at a swim meet. Too cool.
I hope you and Jolene, the Bean, have a great evening relaxing and enjoying your delicious tough and buff food, Dawn. You are awesome!!!
I agree this sounds delicious! Are you going to write a cookbook someday? I have never thought about combining apples with onions and cheese. What a great combination! Move over Rachael Ray!
Post a Comment