One benefit of having regularly scheduled work out times is that when you're feeling under the weather, you can just sleep instead of work out--which is what I did for several days this week. I think it helped. This is my first cold in almost year, and hasn't been nearly the doozy that I was anticipating after such a long hiatus from my last cold (I usually come down with something every 6 months or so).
Anyway, my long days at work finally caught up with me, so I did some extra sleeping this week.
Got back in the workout saddle yesterday with some weights and short bike/run. Today, after helping my brother pack up for his move to Kansas, I went for a lovely swim. I normally spend about 70-75 minutes in the water swimming a 3000 yard workout. Today, I decided to take fewer breaks and swim a steady pace to see if I could swim the same yardage in less time. I did 6x500's (some freestyle, some stroke, one kick, one IM) and finished in less than an hour. That felt pretty good.
Oh, I also tried to increase my protein by fixing some chili (in a crockpot!! Thanks for the idea, Laura). I didn't have all the right ingredients, so I slopped together some beans, onion, and ground turkey. It kept me going all week.
Tonight I made brushetta for the first time. Yummy!
I hope you're all having a good week. Oh, Honor, a spinning class is just a stationary bicycle class basically. :) And, Dawn, good job with the no smoking and no chocolate donuts. BRAVO!!!
Nighty night, friends.
4 comments:
You are persistent! I am glad you got the rest you needed thanks to that pesky cold. But it sounds like you are bouncing back and are re-establishing your workout routine. A swim would be lovely, if only our weather would stay consistently warm. It sounds like your swim was invigorating. Thanks for explaining what "spinning" is. I guess I am a spinner. Hope you continue to feel better. Cooking chili in a crock pot is a good idea.
Thank, Honor. I hope you're having a lovely Easter Sunday. I took a nice walk today around my neighborhood.
Now I'm fixing a turkey dinner before Trently returns home from work. Mmmmm.
We have had a nice Easter. The turkey dinner sounds delicious. It is raining here so we have been inside all day. I am glad we finally received moisture. I'll be in KC in 2 weeks and will attend a Fiddler get together then. Take care and Happy Easter to you and Trent.
Happy Easter!
If I can find my cap and goggles, I am going to try swimming tomorrow. And try the baby in the nursery! I am impressed- 3000 is good! That's, what, 2 miles in an hour?
Your chili sounds yummy!
Post a Comment