Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm still here! (I think)

Heya. I'm still around. I have not been doing much exercising lately. We've been traveling. We went to WI to visit my husband's extended family then turned around and came hom for a week before heading to my parents house. When we got back, we had "meet the teacher" day for my oldest (MY BAY-BEE! OFF TO SCHOOL!) and school starts Monday. Between the cheese curds, local WI beer, my nana's eggplant and STRESS, I have not been to the gym or pool at all! And it shows, bah. Thankfully, I will be walking my BABY to school every day. It takes about 15 minutes each way, so an hour walking a day will do me good!

When we were at my parents, my 8.5 month old broke out in hives. Since then, I have seen one+ a day. I am fairly convinced the kid might be allergic to egg. However, he is breathing fine and is in good spirits, teething aside. (He has a TOOTH. And he chewed on me with it. Lovely. ;)) He has a dr's appointment in a week and I will bring it up then. I never thought I would be happy if he had a cold but I will take viral hives over food-allergy related hives any day!

And I got a belly button ring. :) Hey, if this is my mid-life crisis moment, rock on!

3 comments:

Katie Cramer said...

Wahhooooey! A belly button ring. Why, Laura, I NEVER!

Just kiddin', sweet cheeks. Sounds like you've had a busy and fun summer with your family. All that food sounds so good ... are cheese curds like cottage cheese?

I can't believe Joseph is heading off to school already. How exciting! Enjoy your walking to and from each day (TWICE)--that sounds like great exercise.

In fact, I think I'll go take a walk right now. I just ate a whole box of mac and cheese (and an apple and some cashews) while watching Casablanca for the first time. What a great film!!! Time to walk off my processed, fatty lunch. Thanks for the inspiration.

Here's lookin' at you, kid.

Honor Louise said...

I think you get a lot of exercise just running after your kids. I have been reading your blog about family life. I think you could eventually turn that into a book. I just finished reading The Duggars: 20 and Counting. It is about a family with 18 kids and their daily routine. Anyway, you sound like a pretty cool Mom. Glad you had fun on your vacation.

Katie Cramer said...

Laura, I agree with Honor that you could totally right a book about your family life. You SHOULD.