Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just for fun!

http://www.colleeneidephotography.com/blog/kansas-city-maternity-contest/

My doula nominated me for this contest. I thought it was sweet of her and I'm a "finalist." You can vote for me- Laura Colon- or for someone else. Lol. I don't care. :)

I was a bit hurt on a forum I've been a member of for years when people said they want to vote for someone else because her story was better. I mean, vote for whoever, it's' all in good fun but seriously? Why tell me?

ANd, yes, we really did bring Thanksgiving to the NICU. Twice. And we do help up out there when we can. I just don't talk about it.

2 comments:

Honor Louise said...

Good luck with the contest. I read your story and thought it was great. You are a generous, compassionate person. I hope you win. I voted for you. I was prepared to vote more than once, but only one vote per person is allowed.

Katie Cramer said...

Hey, Laura! I tried to vote more than once, too, but PollDaddy wouldn't let me, dangit!

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. You are very deserving of the prize. :-)

The people on your forum are numbnuts for telling you they voted for someone else. I mean, who does that? Who tells someone something that's completely unnecessary like that? It's not like you'd ever know who they voted for.

What's that phrase you taught us? Stupid should hurt. And there's our evidence.