We did it! Trent and I made it to our first triathlon training class together, and we're still standing ... a little wobbly, but we're upright.
I did my own mini-version of the class last week, since I was at a conference Saturday morning, but this morning, we did a 45 minute swim workout with Coach Muriel, followed by a 45 minute cycling workout, followed by a 10 minute run.
Yes, the run is short, but we're planning to add a minute each week until we get closer to the race we're thinking of doing in June. If we can get up to 20-25 minutes of running after the swim and cycle workouts, we should be fine for a sprint tri.
It was really fun swimming with a group again. I paced off a guy in the lane next to me and completed a 2100 yard workout in just under 45 minutes. Trent did an amazing job, too. He swam 950 yards!! And this is only his 3rd time swimming. He's a fish in the water; he just needs to build up his endurance. The cycle class was fun, and the run immediately following wasn't too bad.
After we got home, I fixed quinoa (my brother, Andy, recommends it as a protein source to repair muscle), and Trent fixed us some eggs. I also ate a couple of bananas from Coach Muriel (Trent didn't want his, so I ate it.) I'm a little tired but feeling pretty good.
Hope all is well for everyone. Dawn, where've you been? Honor, what's happening in your neck of the woods?
2 comments:
I cannot believe your endurance!!! You are truly tough and buff. It sounds like both you and Trent enjoy training together. I'm glad Trent is swimming again. You are both fish in the water.
Quinoa is a good source of protein. And it is a versatile food. You can use it in soups and casseroles.
We are fine here in Hays. We are preparing for another blizzard. Winter has been a persistent gal this year; although Hays has not experienced as much difficulty as northeastern Kansas. I am looking forward to Spring.
Thanks, Honor. :-) I hope the weather is a little nicer for you this weekend. The Midwest sure has had its share of snow this year. Sheesh!
Post a Comment