I'm thinking about joining U.S. Master's Swimming and competing at some meets unattached around here. Some swimmers at my YMCA invited me to join them at a meet in March, and I'm seriously considering it ...
Also, after learning that my Wii Fit age is 40 (What the ...?!?!), I've been working on my balance and center of gravity. According to Andy's Wii Fit, my balance sucks, and my center of gravity is too far backward. Hello, I do tree poses and warrior 3 poses in yoga all the time. What the heck is wrong with my balance? I have no idea. Apparently, Wii Fit has decided that I'm 9 years older than I actually am. I think it's a sales gimmick.
Have any of you ever tried Wii Fit? I spent about 30 minutes playing around with Andy's over Christmas, and I thought it pretty much sucked ass. You couldn't just move through a strength-training or balance or yoga workout, you had to keep going back to a main page after each move or pose. Total crap. You spend more time waiting than working.
2 comments:
I have done wii bowling once. That game moved right along. I have not seen the yoga program.
I think you are correct when you say that the wii fit age is a gimmick. The rest of America is in big trouble if your fitness age is 40.
Good luck with swimming.
I've not tried Wii bowling, but I have done Wii tennis and boxing -- fun stuff!
On the Wii fit, there are some fun balancing games, which apparently I need to work on, but other than that it was pretty lame-o-rama. I'd stick with the fun games like tennis, bowling, and boxing. :-)
Post a Comment