You are all so together. I can't even manage to get food on the table most nights. I have become a mother again, okay well not technically but my last goat finally kidded. She had a girl and boy and her udder is looking wonderful. With her additional milk I'll be squeezing the teats of 6 goats, twice a day. Raw milk is good for you! Just ask me I'll tell ya!
Jolene's school has also had their Spring programs. The grade school made paper mache puppets and did a great little song and dance about the great things found in the backyard. I really love Jolene's school. There are about 30 kids in K-8th grade. She's having a tough time making the grades she did when she was attending school in Swink but she's learning. Grades aren't always reflective of what is packed in her gray matter.
The middle school put on a CSI: Guffey mystery instead of a song and dance presentation. The little town of Guffey CO has a mayor that is black, bushy and of the feline persuasion and was fictionally murdered by Mrs. S the middle school teacher. It was a Who-Done it like the game Clue. Much fun was had. The students along with providing clues about Monster the Cat's murder each had an organ harvested from animals that are donated to the wolf rescue. Each team explained the function of their organ to the participants. Jolene and her friend Molly got to chat about a calf heart. Jolene's chosen name for the event was Sara Bellum. Very clever I thought.
Jolene also had a "Talking Head" presentation at the program. She chose Shoeless Joe Jackson as her subject. She crafted a paper mache head, sans ears and recorded biographical information about the ball player. Parents and friends were able to hear her talk and the others who participated throughout the day. Leave it to Bean to pick a ball player instead of someone like Gertrude Ederle.
She also took pictures for me at the 8th grader's Presentation Celebration. In order to graduate from out little school, 8th graders must complete and present a project. The project is student initiated, must include community service, a life skill, a visual presentation, and a biography of the student. It requires the entire school year to complete and includes a team of support. Jolene was selected as peer support for her friend Kayla. She wanted to dress in her usual attire of shorts and a hoodie sweatshirt. I insisted that she dress up a bit as it was a "special" occasion. I threatened with a dress but we compromised on a dress shirt and a tie. The girl has a style all her own. She turns 13 in July, I'm doomed.

1 comment:
Hey, Dawn! Thanks for the exciting post and photos. Jolene kicks ass! I love her creativity and sense of humor.
Her school DOES sound very cool. Reminds me of my elementary school -- Butcher Children's School on the ESU campus. We did all kinds of cool art projects and shows. My 5th grade class performed Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. I played the part of Bottom, who turns into a donkey (jackass?) midway through the story.
I love all the great things happening at Jolene's school, and it sounds like she's having a great learning experience. Yay! Good for her!
Oh, and congrats on the birth of your new kids. Very cute photo!
Post a Comment