Wow--Dawn, you are blowing me away with your fabulous recipes and photos! I can't wait to try the sweet potato fries. I'm actually doing the canned version of sweet potatoes today for our turkey dinner ... and, alas, I'm going to put marshmallows on top. Can't help it.
The turkey's in the oven (okay, turkey breast), and I think Trent is peeling potatoes now. He better be anyway. :-) We went for a 3-4 mile run around the neighborhood this morning after sleeping in, and I'm going to be ready for some chow in a couple hours. Can't wait.
I got back from Philadelphia a couple days ago. I'd never been there before, but the NCTE Convention was held there this year, so in between sessions, I had the opportunity to get out and about and explore the city. Did a lot of walking, and it was lovely. Liberty Bell, Chinatown, City Center, Reading Terminal Marketplace. So much good food. I totally indulged (cheesesteak, lo mein, lamb pita sandwiches, falafel, baklava, fettuccine Alfredo, sea bass, pretzels, chocolate covered marshmallows, tamales), but I didn't feel guilty. I worked out in the hotel fitness center almost every morning (stress relief mostly), and I probably walked 2-5 miles per day since our hotel was about a mile from the convention center.
Tomorrow, we're off to Savannah. I'm reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil in preparation.
Love to you all. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment