I was sitting her, zooming around Facebook with the local news in the background, trying to decide what to have for lunch. I had almost made up my mind on leftover steak and green chili, the news blurted out a story about how BAD movie theater treats are, specifically the popcorn. It seems that theater popcorn is popped in coconut oil which is high in saturated fat. UGH! I love movie theater popcorn. I can't stand that stuff you throw in your microwave. I grew up around my grandparents movie theater. They lived in a very small town here in Colorado. The movie theater was the hub of the town and my grandmother the personality behind that hub. When I was very young I would have to endure previews and at least five minutes of the beginning of the movie before I was able to "go see Grandma Mac." Only when I was in high school did Grandma sell candy bars and pizza. In my youth it was popcorn and ice-cream. Crazy I know! They had a soft serve ice-cream maker. My grandfather usually ate most of the ice cream as it would not keep over night and he didn't see any reason to waste all of it. I ramble....My shock today was the movie theater popcorn, so I did some surfing and read the article on MSN's homepage about the risks of a night at the multiplex movie house. While I was reading I got distracted by the link titled, "7 Foods that Should Never Cross Your Lips." My,My, My was I ever surprised. One of the items listed is corn-fed beef. I know that corn-fed is not as good for you as grass fed. I know that cattle weren't meant to eat grains. I know that cattle are the U.S.'s biggest consumer of bicarbonate because of this. The only problem is I like corn-fed beef SOOOOOO much more than grass fed. That's not the only surprise. I'm even more convinced after reading that ORGANIC food is the safest way to go.
Here's the link to the article: http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100246775&page=1
Don't eat canned tomatoes but canned salmon is okay? What?
1 comment:
Crap -- I use canned tomatoes in my vegetarian chili. Dammit.
And, like you already said, what the hell is the difference in the cans for the tomatoes and salmon?
I read a NY Times article about grocery shopping on a budget, and it highly recommended canned and frozen veggies. What the hell?
Post a Comment