I woke this morning with a craving for peanut butter bagels. I've no idea where it came from. In my youth I worked part time at a little bagel shop called, Mostly Bagels in Pueblo CO. They could have paid me in bagels and I would have been in heaven. About 10 or more years ago, Boss who owned and operated the store passed away from cancer and the shop closed. I really miss those bagels. I've yet to find a store that has better bagels. I couldn't kick the craving so I surfed around until I found a recipe that I liked and commenced to boiling bread. I didn't find a recipe for peanut butter so I settled for plain and poppy seed. I'm taking bites between typos right now! Here is the link for the site that has the recipe I used. Happy Bagel Sunday!
http://hubpages.com/hub/Homemade_bagel_recipe_Make_great_nadrolled_water_bagels__its_as_easy_as_baking_a_loaf_of_bread
2 comments:
Your bagels look wonderful. You are brave to try to make them. A bagel any morning is a great way to start the day.
You are still my hero, Dawn. I love bagels, too, but I'm not sure I have the courage or the gumption to make my own ... though your photo does entice me to try. Thanks for sharing and for inspiring us! :-)
Post a Comment