Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fashion Tip

I was watching Oprah on Friday. Her guest was Carson Kressley. He is from the fashion industry. The show was about body image. Many women despise their bodies because they compare themselves to other women and decide they are inferior. Carson spent a few days with 2 middle aged women and tried to help them overcome their self hatred. Carson's methods are unorthodox. He has a reality show called How To Look Good Naked. Enough said.

Many who post on this blog are buff. Some of us are not. I hope the new trend will be women accepting their body type while attempting to stay healthy and strong. I also hope women will begin to accept that their bodies will change as they age but their divine spark is constant.

Anyway, at the end of the show each woman had a new hair style, a new wardrobe, and hopefully a new self-image. They looked really hot after all the attention they had received. Here is one fashion tip I learned while listening to Carson. TaDa: If you have a big butt, carry a big purse. It will help diminish the size of your back porch. I did not know that. You learn something new everyday.

3 comments:

Katie Cramer said...

Thanks for that kickass tip, Honor. That's fabulous!

I agree with your comments about women accepting their body types while attempting to stay healthy and strong. It's easy to fall into the trap of disparaging our bodies (my butt's too big, my boobs are too small) without fully appreciating how amazing they really are.

I mean, how often do we stop and marvel at our ability to see? Aren't our eyes amazing?? And our lungs! They just keep working even when we're asleep. Isn't the act of breathing in and breathing out pretty marvelous?

Then, when you think about all the different ways we can move--running, walking, swimming, dancing, cycling, etc. It's a blessing to be able to do those things. It's almost like the act of doing those things is a prayer of thanksgiving--regardless of whom you're thanking.

Jen said...

I love this post with a big ol' pink puffy heart! My favorite original comment is that while bodies change with age, divine sparks do not. My favorite Carson tip is the big purse! Who knew I was accidentally hitting that one on the mark? I wonder how much smaller my butt will look if I continue to upgrade my purse size?

Katie Cramer said...

Oh, Jen, you crack me up!!