The arm toning workout. These are the basic four exercises that you will use to build your foundation of strength and technique. Remember, without perfect technique you will not make any progress so exert yourself in making sure that your posture and lifting method is perfect.
Warm up with some cardio, stretching and light weights.
Bar bell curls - 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Narrow grip bench press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Alternate dumb bell curls - 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Tricep kickbacks - 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Remember, when a rep number says 8-10 it means that you should pick a weight that causes you to ‘fail’ in that rep range. It does not mean that you pick a light weight and only do 8 reps. It means you should be struggling to get to 8.
Perform each exercise with care and slowly. Do not be tempted to pump out the reps quickly.
Inspired by the nine-year-old daughter of a family friend, I have committed to raising $2,000.00 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society this spring, as I train for an Olympic distance triathlon (my first of that distance!) with Team in Training. I look forward to this journey!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Routine for toned arms
I'm bloging this in order to help me set a goal and work towards it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you'll be WAY buff after doing this routine for a few weeks, Janet. I'm impressed by the number of sets it requires you to do. :)
Post a Comment