- If you can, eat more at the start of the day to give you energy and time to burn off the calories.
- Eat little and often to stop hunger pangs.
- Drink lots of water.
- If you want to snack, keep a supply of raw fruit, vegetables, and raisins nearby.
- Don't be tempted to take slimming pills, diuretics, or laxatives to speed up weight loss; they upset the body's natural equilibrium - something that can take considerable time to rebalance.
- Exercise regularly; extra activity uses up calories, and this is essential to weight loss.
- Don't give up if you lapse: it is quite normal to veer off track every so often, and as long as you get back on course as soon as you can, all your hard work will not be ruined.
Inspired by the nine-year-old daughter of a family friend, I have committed to raising $2,000.00 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society this spring, as I train for an Olympic distance triathlon (my first of that distance!) with Team in Training. I look forward to this journey!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Slimmer's Tips
I read this and thought there were good points to remember..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing these tips, Janet! I'd say the one I struggle with the most is the first one, particularly on the weekends. I'm a snacker, so I often find myself eating when I'm not even hungry, especially when I'm reading or watching the tube. During the week, I don't have such a hard time because I don't tend to get home from work until 8 or 9 p.m., and by then, all I have time to eat is dinner. But when the weekends come, the grazing begins. Mooooo!
Post a Comment