Friday, May 8, 2009

Spinning my wheels

First off, I've enjoyed catching up and responding to your posts today! Dawn, how's the swimming going? Have you blown away that teenager with your 500 yard butterfly yet? Honor and Laura, how are your swim sessions going?

My swims have gotten a bit more interesting. One of the guys that swims at the same time as me (at least once a week) has been doing the same workout as me when he's there ... trying to build his endurance and learn to better pace himself. He can totally keep up with me on freestyle (even without flip turns!), so we've been doing my 6x500 set together about once a week. I usually do at least two of the 500s stroke or IM, so he's able to rest a bit on those (doing easy free ... he can't keep up on back, breast, or fly). That's been fun.

I also started going to a 45 minute spinning class once a week, and I love it! The instructor is fabulous -- good music, good variety in the workouts. I know I couldn't force myself to sit on a stationary bike and push myself that hard on my own, so the class is perfect for me. Of course, this weekend, Trent and I should finally be able to get his bike out for a ride on the Silver Comet Trail. He doesn't have to work, and it's supposed to be rain-free tomorrow. Woohoo!

I hope everyone is well! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Honor Louise said...

You have an amazing workout plan. I am proud that you take such good care of your body. If we are not healthy everything else falls apart. Good for you!

I don't belong to a gym so I don't have access to a pool. Nevertheless, I can tell you that I am a slow swimmer. It takes me forever to cross a pool once. If I get a chance to get in the water, though, I am persistent. I hope to go swimming in the public pool this summer.

When is the triathalon? It sounds like you are in great shape for it. Congratulations on your tenacity.

Laura said...

That sounds great Katie! Can you post some of your workouts for us sometime? I always need new ideas.

I did get to the gym once this week. I workout out for 30 minutes, while the kids were in swim lessons, and then swam with the older two for 30 minutes. Out new house has a pool in the neighborhood and I am looking forwards to swimming with the kids alot this summer. We're not going to join a new Y/gym until the pool closes in the fall.