Thursday, May 14, 2009

Swimming and Biking

My swimmer buddy completed my workout with me yesterday (and it wasn't the 6x500 set he'd been doing). I had to take a little extra rest for him, but that's cool, if it means I'll have someone to work out with and push me a bit. Here was the workout, Laura:

400 free
400 IM (25 swim-25 kick-25 drill-25 swim)
4x100 free @1:50

4x75 freestyle pull (no paddles)
4x75 kick (25 fly-25 free-25 breast)
4x75 freestyle pull (no paddles)

200 easy

2x100 IM @ 2:00
100 free
2x100 IM @ 2:00
100 free

100 easy

Trent and I also took a couple of good bike rides on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. It felt good to be outside, even if it rained on us Sunday. Not sure how many more bike rides he'll be able to go on. He'll be having shoulder surgery in the next few weeks. Fun times.

I think I've got some folks from my YMCA who'll go with me, and hopefully that spinning class will still be on the summer schedule. I went again today and sweated my ass off. I'm really enjoying it though. 45 minutes is just right. An hour-long spin class is too much.

Dawn, I sing along to Bust a Move when I work out. Sometimes I do a little head bob while I'm lifting weights, too.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I could see you doing your head bob! Great mental picture for my day! I think your workout is TOOOO EZ! I couldn't do it now but then again I couldn't do the workouts when I gave them to you...oh so many years ago. I was offered a coaching job yesterday at the pool that I'm taking LG Training....What to do? What to do?

Katie Cramer said...

WAHOOOO!!! Take the coaching job!!! You are the best swim coach EVER!!!! Go, Coach Dawn!!

Katie Cramer said...

My workout is too easy? Hmmm, I guess it is less yardage than what I did in high school, but seriously, who has time now to swim 5000 yards (or whatever we used to swim)? I'm good for 3000 yards, and then I'm done.

Dawn said...

It's not the yardage. Maybe you can bring those 100s down to a 1:30 and change the 200 EZ to some 50s free on the :45. Or...make your 75s descending sets..pull but no kick. Keep kick work in your first or last sets. And what's with the slacking 100s free after the IMs? LOL..I'm kidding...I couldn't do it! What do I know..I'm a distance girl.